Everyone likes to save money and the best way to do so is to start at home. We are about to share with you the top 4 easy secrets to saving hundreds of dollars a year or more! These are simple things that anyone can do to make a big difference; on average applying these tips will save you $342 per year.
1. Switch It! Coming in first is what we like to call “switch it”. Make sure you and your family keep everything turned off when it’s not in use. When we say switch it we mean more than just the overhead lights; ceiling fans, computers, televisions, nightlights, lamps, electronics, even some small appliances can all be switched off and unplugged when not in use.
2. Super Size It! Ok, I bet I can guess what you are thinking… “I saw that movie with the guy eating that fast food.” however that is not exactly what I mean even though this does have to do with food. You can save quite a bit of money by buying things in bulk packages. One good example is hamburger which can be over $3 a pound if you purchase it by the pound, but if you opt for large oversize packages you might pay as little as $2 per pound.
3. Replace It! We are all guilty of this at one point or another… we have old outdated stuff we know we need to replace but we never get around to it. You may be thinking “How can replacing things SAVE me any money?” and I do not blame you so let me explain. If for example you update your incandescent light bulbs (Operating Cost: $328.59/year) to the new LED ones (Operating Cost: $32.85/year) the cost of the replacement is still much lower than the operating cost thus you still save even though you bought something.
Buy This – Not That (Not An Exhaustive List):
- Buy LED Light Bulbs – Not Incandescent Light Bulbs (Save More on Electricity)
- Buy Insulating Cellular Shades – Not Cheapo Store Blinds (Save on Heating & Cooling Bills)
- Buy Energy Star Appliances – Not Older or Cheap Inefficient Off-Brands (Save On Electricity)
4. Get Creative! While creative and crafty tend to be thought of lately as something more ladies do, men and women can BOTH contribute to this money saving idea. One easy way to do this is to re-purpose old furniture instead of buying new. Take for example a worn out set of dressers still in decent physical shape but worn due to the inevitable passage of time; by sanding them down and refinishing them, or repainting them, then adding new knobs and handles you have a like-new set of furniture. Sometimes a creative solution is as simple rearranging furniture into different rooms.
We at Blindsmax hope you enjoyed this blog. For the best price and selection of window fashions on the web visit us at: www.blindsmax.com
Others Also Read:
Latest posts by Blindsmax (see all)
- 10 Reasons to Replace Your Blinds - December 16, 2013
- 5 Ways Window Blinds Operate - December 10, 2013
- 10 Easy Step-By-Step Ways to Brighten Up Your Home - December 6, 2013